Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where the heck have we been?

It's been awhile since the last time I blogged but I swear I have really good reasons why I haven't been on here.

1. Teething- I think anyone who is a parent that is reading this is probably taking pity
on me. Elle has been working on getting a tooth out for what seems like forever
but FINALLY I can see the little stinker pokin through. It's one of her bottom
middle teeth so I'm sure it's going to make her look even cuter! Anyway yes it is
coming through but I don't think that's going to make it feel any better because she
is still crankier than ever. If she's not chewing on something, eating, sleeping or
sitting on my lap then chances are she's probably crying which makes for one very
tired and overwhelmed mommy, but I'll do anything to try and make my little girl
happy.

2. Sleeping In The Big Girl Room- For the past 7 1/2 months Elle has been sleeping in our room
in a basinet but she has finally made the transition into her
own room. I was very hesitant to move her but I knew it was
time so slowly but surely we are transitioning her. So since she
is no longer just a few feet away it makes for a little bit less
sleep for both of us since I have to go all the way upstairs to
comfort her instead of just across the room. It's very nice
though that we no longer have to quietly creep around our
room afraid to wake Elle up when we're getting ready for bed.

3. Remotes, Dog Toys, Cell Phone- If I turn my back or look away for more than 2 seconds Elle
will have one of those items in her mouth so that doesn't allow
me much free time to blog. However, the good news is that if
Elle is ever upset all I have to do is give her the remote or a
cell phone and she is happy as pie. We even got out one of my
old cell phones so that Elle could have her very own phone!

4. Finally Some Gorgeous Weather- If you're a follower of my blog then technically I did warn
you that once it got nice out I wasn't going to be on the
computer much and finally finally finally it's warm so now we
are out and about. We go on a daily walk usually about 3
miles long if we have the time and sometimes if we're really
lucky then we get to go with Katie and Emma which makes it
even more fun. We're even planning on doing a 5k together
at the end of this month which should be pretty fun and I'll
let you all know how it goes.

So you're probably thinking excuses excuses haha and you're right I should be blogging more since technically I'm doing this for Elle so she can read it when she gets older but right now I'm having so much fun spending time with my little cutie that it's hard to tear myself away to type on the computer. Pretty soon though we will be reaching some big milestones that I'll have to write about and you'll just have to stay tuned to find out what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment